Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Impromptu Toronto Appreciation Day in Edmonton!

Hi Guys!

This Toronto Appreciation Tour is going great. I was just in Banff where citizens were overjoyed as per usual with Toronto Appreciation Day, and tonight I ended up in Edmonton for their beautiful overtime win! I mean, they're no Leafs, but I suggested to many Edmontoneers to look to the Leafs for inspiration. The last team to overcome a 3-1 deficit in the Stanley Cup playoffs was Canada's team - The 1942 Leafs:




Edmonton is sort of Canada's back-up national favourite team so its tres fitting I think. I, thankfully, had my beloved Wayne Gretzky Leafs jersey with me (we all know Wayne would have loved to play for the Leafs, eh?), and I showed it to all the Edmonton fans, and they sure loved it! This even though dozens of people started telling me in Vancouver that Edmontonners were going to "kill me' and that I should wear "kevlar". Pshaw - they hugged me like Dean Haglund did in Vancouver! (see Vancouver post below). It must be a west coast thing.

Torontooo

I decided to join in on some of the celebrations last night, and all the Oilers fans were very eager to show their appreciation to Toronto. They were cheering all the time, and smiling, and dancing in the streets -- all because we were there!

hi mom

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

go leafs go!

what

That's it from me - I'm catching a ride to Calgary! I can't wait to see their happy faces when I come into town!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blasphemer! How dare you associate The Great One with your wretched city!

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mr. Toronto and his eye patch is kind of hot... Maybe Toronto is not such a crap place after all if there are more like him around....

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUNNY!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Edmontonians looks insane!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Toronto is a dufus.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could anyone disparage Toronto - we invented Al Gore.

K

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's lame, Toronto totally sucks!

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's lame, Toronto totally sucks!

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG u r sexsi!!!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest a rename of this tour to "Make toronto's little idiots feel better about their sorry city tour"

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Cara,

Hands off bitch. He's mine.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls, don't you think you're missing the point? It's not about how hot MR TORONTO is, it's about how hot TORONTO is, and why it's THE BEST FUCKING CITY IN THE WORLD AND EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!

11:31 AM  
Blogger poopee shmoopee said...

I think its easy for us all to make fun of "the other". Toronto is just an easy target. Yes, it is flawed, but so are a lot of places in Canada that I've visited.

There IS a lot of beauty here, that is if you're willing to set aside your preconceived "opinions" and come here to see it for yourself.

My mother is from Quebec. I hear a lot of things people say about that place who have NEVER, EVER been there.

So, until you've been to Toronto, or Calgary, or Halifax, or Winnipeg, or Regina, or St. Johns, or Montreal or any other place in between, large or small, and stick your neck out and get to know some of the locals, take your "opinion" and shove it up yer bum!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Toronto's so great (it's not - I've lived there), why the need for the constant validation?

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you describe as 'constant validation' is simply people from Toronto reacting to having themselves and their city CONSTANTLY bashed for no good reason.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home